All about nail bits for e-file
It is difficult for a newbie to understand the hundreds of types of bits offered for E files. It is convenient when the file comes with a good starter kit, and all that remains is to test the attachments and buy what you need in the process of further work. But this is not always the case and sometimes even the starter kit is confusing. Let’s take a closer look at bits that are needed for hardware manicure , how to work with themand by what criteria to choose attachments. Let’s get started
1. Material-nail bits are divided into the following types:
- Carbide (metal)
- Sand or silicon-carbide caps
- Grinding – made of rubber or silicone
2. Types of hardness – colors of the nail bits
Nail bits are available in hard, medium, soft and very soft. Depending on this, they are recommended for working with skin, gel polish, acrylic and gel extended nails. The degree of softness / hardness is marked with a colored ring.
What each cut color stands for:
- Black- Rigid bit used exclusively for processing extended nails.
- Green- Rigid bit designed for removing acrylics, polygel, gel, gel polish.
- Blue- medium hardness. The bit are designed to work with the skin. Not for the nail plate. In some cases can remove gel polish or builder gel or polygel.
- Red- soft bits that can be used for both skin and nail plate.
- Yellow-Soft bits, recommended for natural nails and sensitive, thin skin.
There are hundreds of forms of bits. Thin, with a “belly”, round, square – what and what are they used for?
Lets go over a selection of the most popular ones that should be in use of both professional nail tech and a diy nail enthusiast.
“Flame” with a blue notch is used to lift and clean the cuticle, treat the sinuses. Difficult for beginners to work due to the roundness in the central part, witch can cose cuts. We hold it at an angle of 45 °.
“Needle” – Carbide. Convenient attachment for lifting and opening the cuticle, removing dead skin. Suitable for filing a natural nail from the inside when correcting extended nails. When working, it is necessary to keep it almost parallel to the nail so as not to injure the client with a sharp end.
“Corn”- It is very convenient to remove gel polish and artificial building materials with ceramic or metal “corn” with green or blue notches. Also shape the length of the nail and perform the correction. Keep it parallel to the nail when working.
“Ball” -This shape has blue or red notches. Used to cut cuticles. The ball come in different sizes.
“Bullet”- The diamond bullet is used to remove the dead skin after the cuticle has been lifted and opened with a 90 ° taper. Also, depending on the size of the bit it can completely replace the flame.