How to grow long nails
The fashion for long nails is back. You can spot photos of celebrities from the red carpet with long nails, beauty bloggers talk about it and instagram is full of pictures and post of them. However, the trend put some girls in a difficult position – not everyone is able to grow healthy nails. Nail studios offer a variety of services designed to help you achieve the desired result, but we think that you can do it by yourself. So let’s go!
1. If your nails are weak and fragile try using nail strengthener and nail rejuvenation products. There are a variety of products for every nail problem from pealing to weak. So sort out what your nails are in need for and get your self the right product.
2. If your nails are weak, soft, exfoliating or brittle, then this must be dealt with. The best way is to consume calcium (you can even rub your nails with toothpaste at night), iron, vitamins A and D. They are easy to find in greens, seafood, vegetables, dairy products. You can also do nail baths to strengthen the nails, for example:
- baking soda bath (1 tablespoon of baking soda per 200 ml of warm water, soak hands for 10-15 minutes, then use hand cream).
- lemon juice also strengthens nails (you can just hold your nails in the pulp of lemon for 2 minutes or squeeze a spoonful of juice out of it and put them on your nails.)
3. Next, you should take care of your nails with a properly executed manicure. The first step is to choose a nail shape that is convenient for you, which would not interfere with your daily life, otherwise the nails can be easily broken. Next manicure, gently push back the cuticle, do not file your nails with a metal file, do it daily and in one direction so as not to provoke delimitation, use only nail polish remover without acetone, massage nails with cream, this will accelerate the blood flow with nutrients to the root of the nail.
4. Nutrition and care. As noted above, proper nutrition plays an important role in nail health. Eat more vegetables, fruits, you can additionally drink a vitamin complex. Give your nails a break from nail polish. When doing household work with detergents, use gloves. In winter, gloves interfere with growing nails, so you can buy them one size larger.
5. And if non of the above are working you can always try one of our tutorials on how to make long nails by your self 🙂